Join us as we celebrate International Migratory Bird Day at Magnuson Park!
Sponsored by Seattle Parks & Recreation and Magnuson Community Center
Saturday May 11th from 10:00am-2:00pm
Location: Magnuson Community Center and park natural areas
- Family Wetland Walk with a “Tadpoles and Nestlings” theme in the Magnuson Wetlands Complex;
- Bird-oriented presentations in the Magnuson Community Center Windermere Room;
- Tours of the Magnuson Community Center’s Bird-friendly Landscape and Resource Conservation Landscape;
- Bird Habitat Walks in the park’s natural areas and restoration sites by the Green Seattle Partnership (GSP) and Magnuson Environmental Stewardship Alliance (MESA);
- Magnuson Nature Programs “Nature Explorers Lab”, filled with fun and educational, hands-on activities for families and kids! Our nature stations will include “Fill-your-Bill”, “Build a-Nest”, “Owl Pellet Prowl”, and more!
- A Seattle Works Stewardship Event at the Magnuson Community Center Bird-friendly Landscape and Resource Conservation Landscape will demonstrate sustainable gardening practices to all attendees, and you are welcome to join in if you’d like!