Since 2007, the following individuals and organizations have worked together to turn the vision and mission into reality:
- The entire staff of Magnuson Community Center, especially Coordinator Karla Withrow
- Magnuson Community Center Advisory Council members, especially Council President and sculptor James Brown
- Emily Bishton/Green Light Gardening
- Seattle Dept. of Parks & Recreation staff, especially the NE Parks and Magnuson Park grounds crew and administrative staff.
- The Magnuson Nature Docent Program, which includes members of the King Co. Master Gardener Foundation, Washington Native Plant Society, Magnuson Environmental Stewardship Alliance (MESA), Seattle Audubon, and residents of nearby neighborhoods.
- Seattle Works staff, TeamWorks and Hot Projects leaders and volunteers, for amazing volunteer support each step of the way.
- The “Pocket Gophers” a Seattle YMCA Y-Guides group.
- Campfire Group #912 “Tanda Kani Ka Ta” from St. Luke’s School in Shoreline.
Special thanks go to former Magnuson Grounds Crew Chief Don LaFrance, who provided unwavering support and encouragement each step of the way during the creation of the Bird-friendly Landscape, and to Magnuson Senior Planning and Development Specialist Kevin Bergsrud, who is providing guidance and support that will enable the Resource Conservation Landscape to achieve similar success.
For information on our upcoming volunteer events, check our calendar or volunteer opportunities page For more information, or to volunteer your family, group, or organization for one of our events, please contact us in advance.