Morning is an exciting time to be in the wetlands, as it’s the time when songbirds, frogs, and other wildlife begin to move around the wetlands, foraging for food and calling to one another. In the growing season from spring to fall, each month brings dramatic changes to wetland plant, animal, and bird life, and always seem to have a few surprises in store! We keep a pace that is comfortable for children, and supply binoculars and other exploration supplies for children and adults. Come join the fun!
- Saturday April 13th from 10-11:30am “Wetland Wakeup”
The April 13th walk is another way we are participating in the 2013 Environmental Education Week!
- Saturday May 11th from 10-11:30am “Tadpoles & Nestlings”
- Saturday June 8th from 10-11:30am “Spring Migration”
- Saturday July 13th from 10-11:30am “Songs of Summer”
Saturday Aug. 10th from 10-11:30am “The Growing Season”
- NEW DATE FOR AUGUST WALK! Saturday Aug. 17th from 10-11:30am “The Growing Season”
- Saturday Sept. 14th from 10-11:30am “Fall Migration”
- Saturday Oct. 12th from 10-11:30am “Autumn Beauty”
- Saturday Nov 9th from 10-11:30am “New Arrivals”
All ages welcome.
Leaders: Nature educators Emily Bishton or Kyle Waggener, along with Magnuson Nature Docents, Seattle Audubon Master Birders, or other special guests
Fee: $3/individual or $7/family
Register in advance by calling Magnuson Community Center at 206-684-7026. (online SPARC registration is not available for nature walks)
Drop-ins are welcome, but registration ensures that there will be a spot for you!