Our 2013 event was a blast! Check out the photo album of our Resource Conservation Landscape Dedication here!
Date & Time: Sat. March 30th from 10:30am-2:30pm
Includes dedication of the brand new Resource Conservation Landscape by Ciscoe Morris and friends!
Help celebrate spring by exploring and experiencing the wonderful world of nature at Magnuson Community Center/Earthcorps 4th annual spring event! A fun-filled day for the whole family!
- “Kindie-rock” singer-songwriter Johnny Breggar will perform “Dragonfly” and other kid favorites in the auditorium;
- The Roving Reptiles Show, with exciting and unusual live reptiles;
- Turtle Theater with storyteller Allan Hirsch, inside a giant inflatable turtle house;
- Animal Encounter’s “special spring animals” petting farm plus live exotic bugs from around the world;
- The “Nature Explorers Science Lab” for hands-on adventures to learn how native plants provide habitat for wildlife, how tadpoles and other creatures thrive in the Magnuson wetlands, which birds you will find in the Magnuson forest, how ants build their homes, where ladybugs go in the winter, and more…!
- Visit interactive exhibits and booths from other local nature programs! Just Frogs Foundation, Bats Northwest, NOAA, Magnuson Environmental Stewardship Alliance (MESA), and others.
- Test your “nature knowledge” and win prizes at our vast array of nature carnival games!
- Go on a “nature scavenger hunt” in Magnuson Community Center’s two sustainable demonstration gardens: the Bird-friendly Landscape and the brand new Resource Conservation Landscape!
- Take a tour of the Bird-friendly Landscape with Nature Educator/Landscape Designer Emily Bishton, then join Emily and Ciscoe Morris and friends for the “Grand Finale” as we dedicate the brand new Resource Conservation Landscape!
Don’t miss this event…it will be fun, educational, and something for everyone!
No registration necessary. For more information, contact Magnuson Community Center at 206-684-7026.
Our 2012 Celebrate Urban Nature event was fabulous too – check out our photo album for all the fun!