The Children & Nature Network lists the following benefits for all children:
- Increased physical activity;
- Healthy development of a sense of self and independence;
- More ability to focus in school and other indoor activities;
- Better quality of sleep;
- Reduced ADHD symptoms:
- Overall mental and emotional well-being.
- For more about the results of their research, visit www.childrenandnature.org
- Creates enthusiastic students and innovative teacher-leaders;
- Promotes better academic performance;
- Helps build critical thinking and relationship skills:
- Promotes real world problem-solving;
- Fosters leadership qualities;
- Makes school subjects rich and relevant;
- Fosters “self-directed learners”;
- Connects students to their community;
- Helps to engage kinesthetic learners and integrates experiential activities into learning.
- For more info on their research, visit www.neefusa.org
We agree with all of the above, with one important addition: it’s tons of fun!